Is it Working?
DOES THIS THING WORK?… a Seminar room I was presenting in recently was a bit chilly. The facilitator for my program walked over to the thermostat on the wall and said to the building caretaker… “does this thermostat do anything for this room?“. A seemingly silly question but at the same time probably one we have all asked on occasion. Just because there is a thermostat on the wall does not mean it is currently connected to the existing heating system, does it? Sometimes what is supposed to be an obvious solution to a problem does not necessarily do the job anymore.
Here is your ACTION STEP… do you have some “thermostats” in your Sales Business that don’t really get you the result you’re looking for? Have the things that used to work stopped working? Here are some examples that come to mind:
1. A sales presentation that is tired and…doesn’t do the job.
2. A daily schedule that is unrealistic and… doesn’t do the job.
3. A list of personal goals that are no longer motivational and… doesn’t do the job.
4. A business plan/targets that are unrealistic and… doesn’t do the job.
5. Your favorite objection handlers and closes that you have stopped using and…doesn’t do the job.
6. Sales tools and marketing approaches that are no longer effective and… doesn’t do the job.
The message really is this… are your various “thermostats” still doing the job? Just because you have a thermostat on the wall doesn’t mean it keeps the room warm anymore! It is important to always be revisiting the various components of your Sales Business to make sure that they still do the job. Situations change, the market changes, and you change. As the expression goes, “The only thing that is constant is change“. Make sure you keep your business and your approaches current. Look for things that need to be changed. NO Excuses.